Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Theme support in CopyTrans Manager?

Ok, so I've just switched to Windows 7 (been hanging on to XP for far too long jaja). Pretty cool I'd say. A lot faster indeed.

I'm having a hard time getting used to the new Control Panel and even more to the new look. Too "candy-ish" for me ... guess I just need to get used to it.

Of course, I've installed all of my favorite apps, including -if you're reading this blog than you'll know I have to talk about it- CopyTrans Manager :-)

Good news: It works perfectly (Win 7 Pro 64bits), you'll have to install the drivers for the iPhone or iPod Touch ... and also make sure to take the correct (64bits) iTunes version.

Bad news: Well it kind of sticks out from the rest of the apps. Arg.

As I'm not one to just accept things as they are, I started looking at the Advanced Settings available in the Settings Tab. Found one setting called Skin so I was hoping I could just get rid of the old-school Mac theme ... that was a no-go.
However, after a lot more digging and google searching I did find out that you could create themes using a skinning application and basically import msstyles and save as .skn file. Couple of tweeks later, this is my result. (I'll put more work into it at a later time).

The theme I used is called "Windows 7 M1 VS" made by deskmundo (cheers!)

As usual, you can download CopyTrans Manager for free here CopyTrans Manager - Manage iPhone without iTunes



Pete

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete