Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why use an iTunes alternative?

I’ve been a mac user for the last 10 years and a big fan of Apple products, own a couple of laptops (MacBook Air and Powerbook) an iPod Shuffle and an iPhone. Having changed jobs, I now have to work on a Windows machine, which I take home and use while traveling from home to work (train).

I’ve found myself wanting to organize my iPod and iPhone while traveling. i.e. organizing my playlists, importing the latest CD, etc.

As it has been quite a hassle, I thought I could share my experience with all of you that are in a similar situation.

My first attempt (Mac user habits) was to use iTunes. On a Mac, iTunes is just perfect for me (no joking), it’s not too slow, organizes everything for me (as all the Apple applications do) and fits in nicely with everything else.

However, I must admit that I had a completely different experience with it on Windows.

On Windows, iTunes is:
- Slow
- Sticks out from all the other applications
- Has a tendency to crash
- Takes forever to load
- Oh, and did I mention it was slow?

This doesn’t even take into account the fact that I don’t want my Shuffle and iPhone to be permanently linked to my windows machine. I still count a lot on Mac OS X!

The best solution for me has been CopyTrans Manager - the free iTunes alternative

Click here for Part 3: The best iTunes replacement: CopyTrans Manager

 

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete